OUR SERVICES (and others) 2021+
Our authors receive 100% of their book royalties.
In 2019, we upped the game - first that new name! Authors will have to negotiate an upfront cash payment for editing, interior book layout, the e-book epub, an author book website, ISBN, and book cover design with Trace, etc... ($250+) She will help you set up an account with Amazon's KDP to produce the ebook then a paperback. It's alot but it's worth it.
The 2021 Halifax Ranch Fiction Prize is open for submissions. This year, we're partnering with the Tasajillo Residency. In addition to publication and a $2,500 prize, we are excited to offer the winning writer an all-expenses-paid writing retreat at the Tasajillo’s beautiful cabin just outside of Austin in Kyle, Texas. Special thanks to The Burdine Johnson Foundation for their grant in support of this prize.
This year's contest is judged by the brilliant bestselling author R.O. Kwon. Submit now through June 1, 2021.
Keep these ideas in mind👇
There are quite a number of online resources for finding markets for your creative work. Some, like Submittable, offer the ability to conveniently track your submissions.
- All Freelance offers a market directory with an advanced search feature. It also posts other helpful information focused on the concerns of freelancers.
- The Burry Man Writers Center (Scotland) serves “a worldwide community of writers” and publishes freelance job links, resources for fiction and nonfiction writers, playwrights, and screen writers.
- CBC provides A Guide to Canadian Literary Magazines and Journals open to submissions.
- Dark Markets offers lists for horror genre including publishers, contests, magazines and zines.
- Duotrope boasts that its site publishes 7,000 listings of active publishers and agents for writers of fiction, poetry and nonfiction encompassing literary, genre and academic. It also has listings for the visual arts and provides an advanced search feature, a submission tracker, and interviews with editors. There is a free trial period after which you pay $5 a month or $50 a year.
- JBWB (UK) publishes listings for short stories, novels, non-fiction, poetry, agents, small press, US, Australia, and New Zealand.
- The Market List is a resource for genre fiction offering relevant listings including agents.
- Poets & Writers Magazine publishes listings for small presses, literary agents, editors, contests, grants and awards.
- Speculative Literature Foundation promotes speculative fiction and publishes relevant market listings.
- Writers Write shares a list of paying markets.
|right click to save and enlarge|